is the study of the auditory system, including the hearing and balance functions. It covers auditory function, balance and other related systems, as well as the prevention, identification, assessment and rehabilitation of hearing. Audiology services include hearing test, public education on hearing protection, assessment and rehabilitation of balance functions and tinnitus, prescription and fitting of hearing assistive devices, etc.
Technical Competence 專業能力
The technical competence required of audiologists are the abilities to –
- perform audiological identification, assessment and diagnosis, treatment, hearing conservation, intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring and research,
- with functional, properly calibrated, and well-maintained equipment, or appropriate product(s),
- to promote healthy hearing, communication competency, and quality of life for persons of all ages.
- Standards for Registrants 聽力學家名冊會員註冊標準
- Complaint Handling Procedure 查詢及投訴處理流程
- Frequently Asked Questions about Hearing Health 常見問題 (provided by courtesy of the Hong Kong Society of Audiology 由香港聽力學會提供)
- Accredited Registers Scheme for Healthcare Professions (AR Scheme) 認可醫療專業註冊計劃 – launched by the Department of Health